Charlotte is a great, family-friendly city with a lot of outdoor activities to enjoy when the weather is nice and some indoor activities to enjoy when it’s steamy outside.
Here are some of our favorite family-friendly activities to enjoy in Charlotte:
1) Whitewater Center - Go for a run, a hike, or race the rapids at the Whitewater Center. Try the zip line if you’re daring!
2) Discovery Place Science - If the weather is crummy, Discovery Place Science in Uptown is a great indoor museum that’s fun for kids and adults alike. They even offer Science on the Rocks events with experiments and alcohol for just the grown ups.
3) Freedom Park - With a huge playground and an NFL Play-60 park, Freedom Park is a definite winner with the kids. Take a walk around the pond and you’re bound to see someone taking family or engagement pictures. If you like art, don’t miss Festival in the Park near the end of September.
4) Discovery Place Nature - If the weather is good, Discovery Place Nature offers both indoor and outdoor fun for the kiddos. Their outdoor play area backs to Freedom Park and offers both a nice shady view and plenty of equipment for the kids.
5) Amelie’s - Grab a salted caramel brownie and people watch at Amelie’s. Go for the original in NoDa.
6) Charlotte Knights - Grab a game at BB&T ballpark. The view of Uptown is amazing.
7) Romare Bearden Park - Enjoy the scenery and the music at Romare Bearden park. Make sure you let the kiddos check out the musical play area near the water feature.
8) Imaginon - See a Children’s Theater show or check out the rotating exhibits.
9) Lake Norman - Visit the beach in Cornelius or rent a boat and spend a day out on the lake.
10) Charlotte Checkers - Cheer on the Checkers at Bojangles Coliseum and stay to skate after the game.
Have fun with these and other activities in and around Charlotte.
Enjoy the adventure!