Fall is right around the corner and it’s one of the best times of year in North Carolina. Autumn in Charlotte means cooler nights and beautiful days that are still long enough to enjoy the plentiful outdoor activities throughout the city and the region.
1) Breweries - Charlotte and the surrounding areas are brimming with local breweries to visit with friends. Fall is the perfect time of year to sit outside and grab a local beer with friends at Old Meck, Sycamore, or your favorite local brewery.
2) Apple Picking - Skytop Orchard is a popular favorite for a reason and worth the drive up to the mountains. If you’re looking for something a little closer to home, Windy Hill delivers a great cider donut.
3) Fall Colors - The leaves along the Blue Ridge Parkway will be at peak from mid to late October. It’s well worth the drive up to the mountains to see the fiery colors along the way.
4) Panthers Games - Head into Uptown for a Panther’s game with your friends and family. Make sure you’re cheering for the hometown team!
5) SCarowinds - Carowinds opened their annual Halloween themed hours this week. They have something for all ages with the kid-friendly Great Pumpkin Fest on most weekend days throughout September and October.
6) Hiking - Fall is a fantastic time of year to head up to Crowders Mountain for a hike. Once the cooler temperatures set in, the hike is all about the view.
7) Festival in the Park - An annual art festival in Freedom Park, Festival in the Park offers local and regional artists and artisans an opportunity to sell their products throughout the popular Charlotte park.
8) Sliding Rock - Sliding Rock gets really crowded over the summer, but it’s less busy this time of year. Before the weather changes, take advantage of the opportunity to visit Sliding Rock and experience this fun NC tradition.
9) Carolina Renaissance Festival - Renaissance Festivals are popular throughout the US this time of year and for good reason. The Carolina Renaissance Festival offers fun for all ages and runs from early October until the week of Thanksgiving.
10 ) Carolina Balloonfest - Balloonfest is not to be missed! In mid October, you can head up to Statesville to watch as more than 20 hot air balloons launch from the event. This year, Balloonfest will be held October 18-20th. Get there early and plan ahead as it’s a very popular event each year.
We hope you fill find some fun fall activities this year!
Enjoy the Adventure!